Monday, September 30, 2024

Aretha Freak Gives "Home Game" FIVE MEGA-SUPER-NEXT GENERATION Stars!!!



When the announcement of "Home Game" came out, I emailed Ginger Scott directly and told her this:

"Imagine the Diamondbacks are down one run. It's bottom of the 9th,
there's a guy on 2nd base. Batter steps up to the plate and smashes
it down the right field line.

Your 2nd base runner starts flying.

The third base coach is winding his arm like a helicopter propeller
and yelling "GO! GO! GO! RUN! RUN! RUN!" at the top of his lungs.

The ball is flying toward home, the runner slides into home plate,
and the ump calls "SAFE!" They've won the game!

Right now, I'm the THIRD BASE COACH!

If I yell as loud as I want, I'll literally hurt my throat.

My heart is about to bust out of my chest."


At the time, the MLB regular season was still in full swing and I am the third base coach for The Philadelphia Phillies. But, I'm screaming at the television. :-) I was hyped, ramped up, and soooo excited to hear about this book.

Peyton Johnson is the daughter of Reed and Nolan Johnson, who we met and came to love in the Waiting On The Sidelines series. They will always be my OG, YA babies. Peyton Johnson is a cheerleader, she's smart, and she's got goals. She does, however, have to deal with the perks and downsides, of being the daughter of a wealthy NFL football star, and the fact that he is now the coach of his former high school's football team. 



Wyatt Stone is the new quarterback in town. Son of a fallen firefighter, devoted to his recently widowed mother, and on track to break every Arizona high school football record set by......Reed Johnson. And Wyatt, is the new kid in town, who will be playing for the new school, in their small town, which has created a rivalry on and off the field, between the teams, and the town.


So when Peyton meets Wyatt, she's working at the local pancake house. Nolan, her mother, believes it "builds character." She doesn't know who Wyatt is yet but she sets on FIRE the moment she sees him. I believe it's love at first sight.

The story is full of all of the things you expect from Ginger Scott. You get the angst. You get blossoming 18 year olds who are just beginning to experience their new adulthood. But you also get the conflict that comes with rivalries and how to handle the fine line between still being a gawky teenager, yet being a new adult, and how to deal with it all with some kind of maturity.

Overall, this is an amazing and wonderful next generation story that will give you "all the feels." You will not be able to put it down. I lost a massive amount of sleep because I simply would not put it down until I had to. As per usual, I was a little bit sad when it ended. Good stories do that to you. 


Now I'm crossing my fingers that we'll see more of Peyton and Wyatt sooner rather than later.

-----



Don't forget the preorder incentives for HOME GAME!!!
PLUS - I am now taking preorders for signed copies, and those books will come with the goodies too!

If you've preordered already, please make sure you fill out the goodies form below so I can make sure you get your character art, stickers and other goodies ðŸ™‚

Preorder signed copies here:
https://forms.gle/Ab2XVwsRaEx3b3wQA

E-book PRE-ORDER/ ADD IT TO YOUR AMAZON WISHLIST! https://geni.us/HomeGameGS

If you have preordered on Amazon, make sure you fill out this form for preorder goodies: https://forms.gle/duJM8xP84u5hRS21A

Add to Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/218020739

Influencers Sign Up here: https://forms.gle/gyP8sdoTEiVDcBK8A


No comments:

Post a Comment